Celebrate Canada Day with these creamy, high-protein, low-fat cherry popsicles.
Oikos Greek Vanilla Yogurt by Danone, and Double Fruit cherry spread (jam) by Smucker’s come together in this easy make-ahead recipe. Double Fruit spreads taste great and have a high fruit content, which is perfect for popsicles.
This healthy recipe was inspired by the Canadian Women’s Soccer Team at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup. #ProudToBeCanadian
The Cherry Yogurt Protein Popsicles recipe is listed below. Happy Canada Day!
- 2 cups Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt (2% fat) by Danone
- 1¼ cups Double Fruit cherry spread by Smucker's (a thick jam with large pieces of fruit)
- Mix yogurt and cherry spread in a medium bowl.
- Spoon mixture into six ½-cup popsicle molds.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold. Place the popsicles in a freezer for 7 hours or overnight.
- Hold the molds under running hot water for a few seconds. Carefully remove the popsicles from the molds.
1. Mix ¾ cups vanilla greek yogurt in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of milk, and 1 tablespoon of white granulated sugar. Set aside.
2. Mix 1¼ cups of yogurt and 1 cup of cherry jam in a medium bowl.
3. Spoon half of the cherry mixture into six ½-cup popsicle molds.
4. Spoon the milk-yogurt mixture on top of the the cherry layer.
5. Spoon the remaining cherry mixture into the molds. Insert sticks and freeze as described above.
Please take not that the white layer will be firmer than the red/pink layers.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at email@example.com. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.