This refreshingly simple, and delicious 3-ingredient smoothie is a great way to start your day. The Frozen Banana and Orange Smoothie recipe includes frozen bananas, navel oranges, and Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
There are so many things I love about this smoothie. Let me count the ways…
- It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
- It’s packed with nutrients, including: protein, calcium, dietary fiber, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B6, and lots of vitamin C!
- Frozen bananas are used rather than ice, so the smoothie is creamy rather than watered down.
- It’s very rich and filling, but low in fat.
- It’s delicious, and kid-friendly.
- It’s an excellent pre- and post-workout drink, breakfast drink, or mid-day snack.
- It features Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt, my favorite yogurt.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think. Feel free to try other fruit combinations as well. Sometimes I like to add chopped ripe Ataulfo mango for a sweeter, dessert-like drink.
The Frozen Banana and Orange Smoothie recipe is listed below.
What are your favorite smoothie ingredients? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and quartered
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup low-fat vanilla greek yogurt, such as Oikos 2% Vanilla Yogurt by Danone
- Juice the oranges in a blender.
- Add frozen bananas and yogurt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into 2 glasses, and serve.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.