Chocolate, coconut, whipping cream, butter, and Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies come together in this simple and sweet tart recipe.
Who knew you could create such a rich and decadent dessert with 5 simple ingredients? In this recipe, Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies are processed with shredded coconut and melted butter to form a crust mixture. The mixture is then pressed into a tart pan, and baked briefly to harden the crust. While the crust cools, a chocolate ganache is created by simply pouring boiling whipping cream over chocolate chips, and stirring the mixture 10 minutes later. The chocolate ganache mixture is poured into the cooled crust, and chilled for a few hours until the mixture sets.
Looks great. Tastes great. And it’s oh so simple. I’m loving this coconut + chocolate + Chips Ahoy! recipe.
Note: I used an entire standard-sized package of Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies for this recipe (approximately 28 cookies).
The Chocolate Coconut Tart With Chips Ahoy! Cookie Crust recipe is listed below.
What is your favorite Chips Ahoy! cookie? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (for buttering the pan)
- 24 Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
- 4 Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter the sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Line the bottom of the pan with a parchment circle.
- In a food processor, process 24 Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies, melted butter, 3 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut, and a pinch of salt until mixture is well combined, about 1 minute. (See Note 1)
- Press cookie mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan to form the crust.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Transfer the pan to a a wire rack to cool completely. (See Note 2)
- Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips into a medium heat-proof bowl. Bring the whipping cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate chips. Set aside for 10 minutes, then stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is combined well.
- Spread ⅓ cup shredded sweetened coconut on top of the cooled crust.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the crust. Refrigerate until the filling is set, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with shredded coconut, and crumbled Chips Ahoy! Chewy Cookies if desired.
- Let the tart sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before slicing.
2. The crust will deflate after you remove it from the oven.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.