Crispy, salty, and spicy – these quick and easy to prepare matchstick potatoes are a delicious alternative to french fries.
Serve as a weekday side dish, or game day snack.
The Matchstick Potatoes recipe is listed below.
Do you prefer fried potatoes or roasted potatoes? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. This is your spice mixture.
- With a mandolin, or sharp knife, slice the potatoes into ⅛ inch thick matchsticks. Transfer to a non-stick roasting pan.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the potato matchsticks with your spice mixture. Mix with a rubber spatula to coat potatoes well.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in the roasting pan.
- Roast until the potatoes are crisp (25 to 30 minutes), turning the matchsticks with a metal spatula at the 15 minute mark.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt, and serve immediately.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at email@example.com. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.