Coconut lovers rejoice! This quick and easy coconut macaroons recipe is an excellent gluten-free option for the holidays or everyday. With a crisp golden exterior and a moist sweet interior, these classic coconutty bites are great for parties and your kiddos.
Feel free to play with the flavoring, and presentation of the macaroons. Almond extract and/or vanilla extract work well with this recipe. Sometimes I like to drizzle melted chocolate on the cooled macaroons, or dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted chocolate. Stuffing each macaroon with a toasted almond adds a nice crunch as well.
The Coconut Macaroons recipe is listed below.
What’s your favorite coconut recipe? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below.
- 2 large egg whites
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons pure almond extract or pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl until the sugar is incorporated and the mixture is frothy.
- Stir in the shredded coconut until the coconut is coated well with the egg mixture.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the coconut mixture into 16 mounds on the prepared baking sheet. The mounds should be at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown (15 to 17 minutes), rotating the baking sheet 180 degrees at the 8 minute mark.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minute, then transfer to a cooling grid.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at email@example.com. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.