I received a couple of requests for cheesecake recipes, so here’s a simple one for the holidays.
Chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter-flavored Reese’s Pieces candy come together in this creamy cheesecake, which is both sweet and salty, with a touch of crunch.
NUT ALLERGY WARNING: This cake contains nuts. For a nut-free cake, simply omit the Reese’s Pieces and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Alternatively, the caramel could be topped with flaked salt, or crumbled cookies. Festive sprinkles, or chocolate shavings would add a nice decorative touch as well.
Tip: To prevent cracking while baking, I simply placed water-filled ramekins in the oven, beside the spring-form pan.
The Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake With Reese’s Pieces recipe is listed below. It can be made ahead of time, and can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (for greasing the pan)
- 1.5 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eight-ounce packages of brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup white granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 eight-ounce box BAKER’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- ½ cup Hershey’s Caramel Syrup
- ½ cup Reese’s Pieces peanut butter candy
- 3 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with butter, then cover the bottom with a parchment paper round. Combine Oreo Baking Crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom of pan. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet.
- Beat softened cream cheese and ¾ cup sugar with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in chocolate with a rubber or silicone spatula. Pour mixture over Oreo crust, but do not fill the pan to the top; leave a 1-inch space between the mixture and the top of the pan. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for another recipe.
- Pour water into two 8-ounce ramekins until they are ⅔ full. Transfer the ramekins to the baking sheet, placing one ramekin to the left of the springform pan and one ramekin to the right of the springform pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Transfer the springform pan to a cooling rack to cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake, then remove the rim.
- Top your cake with caramel, the Reese's Pieces, and chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
Recipe, photo, and post by Maria Perugini of MariaTiramisu.com.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at email@example.com. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.