Take advantage of the summer’s harvest, and start your day with a high-protein, high-fiber, nutrient-rich, and low-fat Fresh Peach and Blueberry Yogurt Parfait.
This healthy make-ahead snack and simple breakfast combines low-fat yogurt with sweet peaches, and blueberries. Adding sugar isn’t necessary. The ripe peaches and blueberries are sweet enough for this parfait. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s really simple, and it can be prepared in advance. It’s also kid-friendly, and toddler-friendly.
Parfaits usually include whipped cream, and added sugar, but I prefer to have lighter parfaits during this time of the year. For this recipe, I used a ripe peach from Ontario, and blueberries from Saguenay Lac St. Jean…the best blueberries in Quebec. Lac St. Jean is well known for its wild blueberries, endless cycling paths, and beautiful fjords. I went glamping (glamorous camping) in Lac St. Jean last summer, and had a truly wonderful experience. I’m hoping to go back next summer for the Blueberry Festival, and replenish my stock of delicious blueberry jam.
Feel free to use other seasonal fruit for this parfait, such as: strawberries, red raspberries, nectarines, mangoes, cherries, blackberries, and apricots.
The complete recipe for the Fresh Peach and Blueberry Yogurt Parfait is listed below. More blueberry recipes to come.
What’s your favorite yogurt and fruit combination? Let me know in the comments section below.
- 1 cup ripe Ontario peaches, finely chopped (approximately 1 large peach)
- 1 cup Lac St. Jean blueberries
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt, divided
- Reserve 2 teaspoons of blueberries. Reserve 2 teaspoons of chopped peach.
- Using a fork, lightly crush the remaining blueberries in a small bowl, and stir in 1 cup of yogurt.
- Using a fork, lightly crush the remaining chopped peach in a small bowl, and stir in 1 cup of yogurt.
- Layer the blueberry yogurt mixture, the reserved fresh blueberries, the peach yogurt mixture, and the reserved chopped fresh peaches in 2 parfait glasses. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
To share this recipe on your website, simply rewrite the instructions in your own words, and provide credit with a link to this post. Please mention whether your recipe is "adapted from," or "inspired by" my recipe. The material in this post and website may not be distributed, reproduced, republished, transmitted, or cached, except with the prior written permission of Maria Perugini. Please email Maria at email@example.com. Copyright © 2014-2015 Maria Perugini & MariaTiramisu.com.
Share your food photos with me:
Use the hashtag #MariaTiramisu, and follow me @MariaTiramisu on Instagram, and @MariaTiramisuCA on Twitter.